On March 16, 2020, the Province of PEI declared a Public Health Emergency as part of its efforts to flatten the curve, and slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Non-essential businesses have closed with others taking careful precautionary measures. This post outlines the precautionary measures that Refrigeration Specialists Inc. (RSI) are undertaking during this public health emergency period.
RSI has followed and will continue to follow the recommendations from Dr. Heather Morrison, Chief Public Health Officer, in only preforming essential services for the safety of their customers and employees. They will only be tending to emergency calls from customers while practicing all precautionary health procedures while doing so.
RSI has Technicians available 24/7 to respond to emergency Commercial, Agricultural and Industrial Service calls. If RSI responds to an emergency call, they are taking additional precautions for their customers. Their staff have been fully trained on their specific procedures for COVID-19, including:
- Asking customers if there have been any recent travel, and/or symptoms in their home before RSI’s necessary visit.
- Not going within 6 feet of anyone, customers and coworkers alike.
- Sanitizing their hands and tools very frequently, before, during, and after their work.
- Not attending work if sick or showing any symptoms.
During this lock-down period, RSI’s office remains open to discuss future non-emergency installations and maintenance with customers, and will look to arrange a time for a site visit when it is safe to proceed. In the meanwhile, the company has implemented innovative measures to continue to offer virtual services to customers:
- they remain available to communicate with customers via telephone or email in order to get you the information necessary to move forward with quoting on commercial jobs and heat pump installations.
- they have implemented an easy-to-complete email questionnaire to help you advance with your heat pump quote virtually opposed to an in-home visit.
They’re here to help you, during this time of need, and look forward to becoming fully operational once it is deemed safe to do so.
RSI is celebrating 50 years in business in 2020!
You can learn more about this great local company, and read customer reviews at the following link.